Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cards, Cards, and More Cards

My scraps are out of control and in an attempt to tame them, I've been making cards - lots of cards, and while my scraps are fewer, there are still far too many scraps, so I sorted them all out and chucked a plastic grocery bag full of smaller scraps.

I know I should post these over the course of several weeks, but I am going to post them all tonight.

No 12X12 paper was harmed in the creation of the following cards - all scraps. I need to make even more cards before I make any more scrap pages.

This card features beads, paper punched flowers, and a Cricut scalloped circle.
 
 
This card is for a father's birthday. The gold is heat embossed. 
 
This baby girl card features a stamp I bought for a quarter at a yard sale, a Martha Stewart border punch, and some really old Prima flowers.
 


 
I found this old baby bottle die cut while cleaning out my scraps. I decided to use it right then to make a card. 
 
 
 
These stamps also came from a yard sale. I love yard sales. I used glitter glue on the flowers.
 
 
The next two cards are almost the same. I used my Cricut to cut the flowers. One card has veiling between the layers of paper.
 
 
 
 
The next two birthday cards feature more yard sale stamps.
 
 
 
 
Card 1 has punched flowers with eyelet centers. I am determined to mine my stash.

Card 2 has a large silk flower with a felt and crochet flower, punched borders and pearls. It didnt' scan very well.

Card 3 is made from odd and end die cuts.

Card 4 has punched flower with a button center and a Martha Steward border punch.


 
 
 
 

I painted the zebra paper on the bottom of this card. The zebra is a stamp.

 

 


The stamp on this is from Stampin' Up.
 
One would think that after making all these cards, I would be out of scraps - but no, I still have way too many scraps. I'll just have to keep on creating.
 

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Catherine, you have been creative and ambitious! These cards are lovely, I've got heaps of scraps, maybe I should get out my little used stamps, and try some cards, you've given me lots of ideas. - chris

    ReplyDelete