Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Desk Make Over

About 18 months ago, I found this desk at a yard sale for $10. It had a bit of water damage on the top. I didn't take pictures before I did the initial sanding, but here is a picture after sanding.
I used darker stain to create the tri-force on the top. My little guy is a Legend of Zelda freak. Here are the after pictures.

On Saturday, I found the cool rock light at a yard sale for $2. Every Legend of Zelda room needs a rock light. The chicken looks like the cucku image in the game. I found that at Hobby Lobby last year for a dollar.

Here is a picture with the light on.
I spray painted the picture frame on the wall and the one on his desk with brown spray paint from Lowe's.
I need to go buy some pencils, a stapler, and some other supplies to put in the desk drawer. Now he has his own little homework station.

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job!
    I love the design on the top!
    You really are the most wonderful mother.
    And I don't say that just cause I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good, Mom. Can't wait to see it for reals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. caught this on Before After - my son would love this! great job Mom!

    ReplyDelete