Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Re -finished Chair

 I bought this chair at a thrift store many years ago. It had been chewed on by our dog Beauty - over ten years ago. It had been used just as we bought it used for a long time. I finally took it apart and refinished it.
When I took the old covering off the cushion, I was disgusted by what was under it. Yucky! I put it right into the garbage. I can't believe we were sitting on that dirty thing.
I made straps for the seat because I didn't know where to buy new ones.
The back of the chair.
The front:
I learned that it is a lot of work to refinish furniture. I still need to re-do my entire dining room set. I better get to it.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! You did a beautiful job!
    Did you say you were going to do
    the heart shaped (back) chair I've
    been going to do for 13 years?
    I undressed it for you. :) kind of
    me huh? Some day.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the heart shaped back chair.

    ReplyDelete